Sunday, September 7, 2008

I'm Back.....


Last Tuesday night about 1:00am, Ashton started coughing.  I got up to get him a drink of water and by the time I came back it was more like he was choking.  I ran him into the bathroom cause I really didn't want him to throw-up in my bed but it wasn't getting better.  He then started to have a hard time catching his breath.  I started to panic and woke my mom up (they got to stay with us for about 4 days while they were waiting for there house to be done).  She told me to take him outside because they cold air is suppose to be good for them.  It didn't help and Ashton was really gasping for air.  We both went to get dressed so we could take him in town and my dad (yes he was up panicking too) was trying to get him to breath through his nose but that didn't work either.  We rushed him into the hospital were they instantly gave him a breathing treatment and had the doctor right in to see us.  The doctor said it was croup.  He was getting about 90% of the air he should have which really surprised me because he was having a really hard time.  After the breathing treatment they gave him some sort of a steroid shot and all that did was get him all worked up again so they had to give him another breathing treatment.  After it was all said and done we (my mom and i) spent most of the night in the hospital.  When we got home I laid Ashton in bed and when I came back he was asleep with his arm around Josh.  It made me so thankful that my kids have each other......  How Ashton loves his brother and sister..
Oh yeah and I can't seem to find a background that I like so you might see alot of changing.....

10 comments:

Korbi said...

okay great story and everyhting, but you forgot to tell everyone that it was croup! Yikes! Glad to have you back, see ya Tuesday!

Ashton & Co. said...

That's too bad, croupe is so scary. Tess has been like that twice where she was havinga hard time breathing and it is SO scary. Glad to hear he is feeling better! Cute pics of the boys, too. They are lucky to have each other!

Whitney R said...

Ohhhh scary. I'm glad he's okay. And the picture of him and Josh is sweet.

angie said...

I HATE it when my kids are sick!! Especially the younger ones because, I don't know, they seem more fragile I guess!! I freak out a lot more when Josh and Spencer get sick, than when any of the others get sick! Is that weird or normal? Anyway, you can look at my Tony Horton exercise DVD's anytime!! I have to be honest and say that I'm not doing a very good job exercising right now, with school starting and everything! It's been a while since I've actually exercised! Pathetic I know! Anyway, I'm so glad that Ashton was okay, I know how incredibly scary that can be! And I sympathize with you having to go to the ER! Even with Tim working there, and everyone knowing him, I still HATE more than anything to have to take any of my kids or me there!! LOL, talk to ya later!! By the way, are you going to the fair this week?

Deborama said...

Croup stinks! We spend a good half hour in the smallest bathroom in the house full of steam, both of us come out sweating like crazy but they sleep the rest of the night, and hopefully I shed a couple pounds! :) Hope he is feeling better!

Ashley said...

Hope he's okay!

Ashton & Co. said...

Tiff,
I emailed you about some hawaii stuff, let me know if you got it and what you think asap. Or call me :) Let Mary know, too. Thanks!

The TAUFA'S said...

I'm glad to hear he is doing alright, but us mother's never like having our young ones sick.

ShaRee said...

Sounds like you did all of the right things. Cold weather always helped my kids if they had croup. Sorry about him not feeling well though, scary. I loved how he found comfort in his big bro.

Heatherbether said...

What's up? I spent the whole rodeo thinking about what could have possibly caused you to hate my stinkin' guts! Is it the exercise ball? Oh, by the way, Nathan thinks Rueben needs to become an actor because he thinks there would be huge market for a big handsome mexican super hero. Sounds like Nathan has a man crush!