Sunday, July 27, 2008

Relay for Life --2008 --

This is the next morning....  No Sleep whats so ever and we are still smiling.  Elsa, Todd and I walked together most the night.  We had many good laughs, ate lots of food (pizza pocket run about 4:00am thanks to Ruben) and walked about 15 miles all together.  
Ashton and Ruben.....  Not much to say here but Ruben is a pretty good sport.  Thanks to him for helping our team raise money.  
I think this was Ashton's favorite part.   He would have danced with the Care Bears all night.
The two things Ashton must have at bedtime and nap time ---- Binky and blanket grandma made him.  Ashton didn't sleep much that night.  The music was really loud all night so the first time I got him to sleep it was about 11:00.   Took him out of the stroller and put him in the tent and he sleep until about 2:00am....  He wasn't about to go back to sleep with all the action going on so I put him back in the stroller and away we went.  He finally feel back asleep after about 1 1/2 so I just let him sleep in the stroller.  It was much easier to just walk with him when he would wake up then putting him in and out of the tent.  It was a lot of fun.....  Its amazing the support that Othello gets.....  The total money raised all together was about $102,000......  Last year they raised about $63,000...  Go OTHELLO!!!!!

7 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

I saw the video of Ruben on Korbi's blog- he is a GREAT sport! That is so neat you guys did that- what a special thing for your Grandma (and Dad!:)) Good job guys! It sounds like we are also coming up Sunday after our church, so we will get there late...

angie said...

Hey Tiff, you guys are party animals!! Ruben is hilarious, he's got guts to go around dressing like that! Did Ashton have a hard time recognizing or understanding why daddy was dressed that way? Just curious!! Whoo hoo, go Othello, right on!! Talk to ya later!!

Whitney R said...

I was in Othello! I was going to go but instead I saw Batman with my dad and sis in law. I wish I had gone afterwards. It sure looked like a fun time!

Deborama said...

That is so great, Im sad we missed it. Im mad I didn't get to come yesterday too. Scott had a scout meeting with half the ward coming at 6 to my house. He said "we gotta take the boat to Tony get the house clean and make some treats will ya?" Such a sweetie!

Korbi said...

it's about time! ;) see ya soon.

ShaRee said...

Thanks for the pics and summary of your time..I missed out!

Anonymous said...

did it work